AASA is dedicated to promoting, enhancing and creating opportunities for the professional growth of administrator and physician leaders in the field of academic surgery administration. AASA seeks to carry out its mission through educational programming, networking, and dissemination of information.
The AASA will:
- Advance the field of professional administration and management within the clinical, education, and research missions of academic departments of surgery;
- Promote to key stakeholders the value of professional administrators in furthering the overall success of academic surgical departments;
- Support the continuing education and professional development of members through regional and national meetings, regular online seminars, written communications, and other platforms;
- Inform members of national, state/provincial, and local public policy developments pertinent to the field of academic surgery;
- Collaborate with other professional associations when in the interest of furthering the AASA mission