The Association of Academic Surgical Administrators is the association for administrative and physician leaders in the field of academic surgery administration. Our members include Directors, Billing Officers, Human Resources, CFOs, and all levels of administration. We aim to cultivate a thriving community of successful surgical administrators by inspiring members to contribute, learn and network.
The AASA Vision is to:
- Advance the field of professional administration and management within the clinical, education, and research missions of academic departments of surgery;
- Promote to key stakeholders the value of professional administrators in furthering the overall success of academic surgical departments;
- Support the continuing education and professional development of members through regional and national meetings, regular online seminars, written communications, and other platforms;
- Inform members of national, state/provincial, and local public policy developments pertinent to the field of academic surgery;
- Collaborate with other professional associations when in the interest of furthering the AASA mission