To cultivate a thriving community of successful academic surgical leaders by inspiring members to contribute, learn and network.
The AASA will:
- Advance the field of professional administration and management within the clinical, education, and research missions of academic departments of surgery;
- Promote to key stakeholders the value of professional administrators in furthering the overall success of academic surgical departments;
- Support the continuing education and professional development of members through regional and national meetings, regular online seminars, written communications, and other platforms;
- Inform members of national, state/provincial, and local public policy developments pertinent to the field of academic surgery;
- Collaborate with other professional associations when in the interest of furthering the AASA mission